I purchased this product on a whim during my Korean skincare-obsessed-phase, with literally no knowledge on it at all- Really, I’m talking like maybe one or two reviews on the entire internet. For some reason, I just felt like I HAD to have it. I think it’s the ‘glass skin’ promise that appealed to me, but also the antioxidants and other skin-food ingredients that seemed promising.
Here is the product description from Ulta:
WHAT IT IS: Go makeup and filter-free with this “super juice” serum, which delivers everything you need for picture-perfect skin. Expertly blended with potent earth-born and high-tech beautifying ingredients, you’ll uncover skin that is poreless, translucent, and luminous like a pane of glass. Silky, weightless, and instantly-absorbing, Peach & Lily’s Glass Skin Refining Serum helps hydrate, calm, brighten and firm, delivering more dramatic results with continued use
- Dullness and uneven skin tone
- Rough skin texture
- Wrinkles, fine lines, sagging
- Dehydrated skin (Alicia’s Tip: dehydrated skin lacks moisture. Oily skin types can have dehydrated skin, too)
- Redness, inflammation
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU: A look at the Serum’s superstar ingredients, delivered deep into skin via a revolutionary delivery system:
- Peach Extract: full of vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids to help keep skin resilient
- Niacinamide: helps quell inflammation, brighten and provide antioxidative benefits
- Asian Mountain Yam Extract: dramatically helps to reduce flakiness
- Madecassoide: derived from Centella Asiatica Extract, it helps curb inflammation and stimulate collagen production
- Hyaluronic Acid Complex: a proprietary blend of short-chain, medium-chain and long-chain hyaluronic acid molecules that moisturizes every layer of skin, leaving it hydrated, plumped and radiant
- Peptide Complex: a proprietary blend of peptides that signals collagen production, helping fill fine lines and deeply-etched wrinkles, while firming skin for a smoother, glassier appearance
Here is my experience:
So the first week I started using this product, I had also switched almost my entire skincare routine to Korean beauty products- Toner, serum, eye serum, and moisturizer- and got multiple compliments about how young, smooth, bright, and healthy my skin looked! Honestly, I attribute most of that to this serum along with my Frudia moisturizer (its amazing!). I definitely saw instant results:
Did it address my dullness and uneven tone?……My skin did look brighter and healthier.
Texture?…After a few weeks of use, I noticed that the pores in the triangular areas next to my nose also were almost entirely gone, which I loved. It truly was the closest I’ve ever been to ‘glass skin.’ However, I still would not classify my skin as ‘glass.’ Unfortunately, I also did not see any improvement in the size of the pores on my forehead, and it didn’t help with the texture or the fine lines/wrinkles on my forehead, either.
Dehydration?… This serum did not really help at all with hydration. It definitely was not moisturizing and did not help the dryness of my winter skin.
Redness/inflammation?… Again, I did not see any change in the redness of my skin, or any inflammation that arose from blemishes.
Makeup and filter free?… No. Just no. I don’t think a product of such sort exists. Mainly because I have such bad under eye circles/bags, and redness around my nose. If anyone ever finds a product that allows them to go completely makeup free, PLEASE let a girl know.
There really aren’t any cons of this product. It didn’t break me out or cause any irritation whatsoever. It benefited my skin. When I stopped using it, I noticed that my pores returned after a couple of days:( However, I do feel that there are probably serums on the market that do similar things, all while being more hydrating and redness reducing. As of now, I will not repurchase as I want to branch out and try other serums that have the same claims. However, it is likely that I will come back to this product if I do not have luck elsewhere.